** All abstracts will be posted on the EPC website at the conclusion of each meeting
Abstracts for the Eastern Pulmonary Conference September 12-15, 2019 ~ Due August 1, 2019
The EPC 2019 Annual Meeting will include poster presentations by pulmonologists and fellows-in-training, that will also feature a scientific program with interactive, problem-based learning and didactic lectures.
We urge you to participate by submitting your clinical research findings for consideration by our Poster Review Committee.
In preparing your abstract organize it into: a statement of purpose; statement of methods; and summary of results in sufficient detail to support the conclusion reached.
Submit all printed abstracts to: GinnyLoiselle@easternpulmonaryconference.org
Abstract Submission Instructions and form below
Poster size for display: 4 feet high by 6 feet long
1. The abstract must adequately describe the objectives, methods, results and conclusions so that the Abstract Committee may evaluate the quality of the work and proposed presentation.
2. The abstract title should fully reflect the content of the abstract body.
3. A structured abstract format is preferable; that is, all abstracts should contain these sections: 1. Introduction (background information and purpose of the project/study), 2. Methods (study design, techniques), 3. Results (summary of data), and 4. Conclusions
4. The authors must accept sole responsibility for the statements in their submitted abstract.
5. Illustrations and tables are not permitted.
6. Supplementary data are not accepted under any circumstances.
7. Abbreviations may be used in the abstract if such abbreviations are defined at their first mention.
8. The abstract length is limited to 250 words.
9. Abstracts are submitted for poster presentation. Oral presentations are not available.
10. Authors are encouraged, but not required to submit for peer review and publication, any subsequent full length manuscripts which derive from the submitted abstract.
11. A maximum of 5 authors may be specified in the abstract submission process; however, any subsequent full length manuscripts may have more than 5 authors. Corresponding authors for accepted abstracts may request the addition of additional authors to their abstracts by submitting a request to the Managing Editor, Susan Colucci, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Each abstract submission must specify a corresponding author, to whom all correspondence about the abstract will be directed.
13. All abstracts will be assigned an identification number which should be used for all communications about an abstract.
14. The presenter of each accepted abstract must register for the scientific meeting in the standard fashion.
15. Where ever possible, noncommercial (generic) names must be used in all abstracts and posters.
The Editorial staff may request a revised submission of the abstract to enforce compliance with this ACCME requirement.
16. All authors must agree to disclose all non-FDA approved use of FDA approved drugs during the abstract submission process as well as in the actual presentation (oral or poster).